Responsive Web Design for a premium mobile experience
We’ve all been there, trawling web pages on our phone only to become frustrated at unintuitive navigation, fonts that aren’t displaying correctly, missing calls to action, and seemingly endless waiting whilst a page tries to load…Missing out on potential custom because of a badly designed website is not something you can afford. Whether we like it or not, we live in the era of the smartphone and an increasing number of customers will access your website from their phone - Smartphones and tablets are used by millions upon millions of users, they simply can’t be ignored or given a second class experience.
The first step you can take to rectify the issue is to reach out to an experienced website development company that’ll be able to create a 100% mobile-friendly website for you, keeping you one step ahead of your competition.
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive Web Design is an I.T buzzword, but what does it mean exactly? - It is the practice of designing and coding a website in such a way that it creates an optimal experience for the user. This means that it’s easy to navigate, easy to read, and quick to load, so the user only requires minimum effort to resize, pan, and scroll on a range of different devices (from computer screens to mobile phones). Reach out to us at Web Choice, a premium website design company in London to ensure that your website performs how it needs to on the full range of devices. When it comes to web designing sites, responsive designs are capable of adapting to any device, regardless of their size or shape. The best web designers work on creating websites that offer a consistent experience across each and every device.
Responsive web design is vital and it really can help your business grow…
What better way to convey responsive web design than with images? The topic has garnered more and more attention, particularly as our screens evolve. Today high-density screens are a feature of many products on the market, and this term refers to any screen with a pixel ratio greater than 200 PPI. With responsive web design there are two major challenges concerning images: size and performance.
- Designers strive for pixel perfection, but with high-density screens, “normal” sized images appear pixelated and fuzzy. You might think the answer is to always use double-sized images for these high-density devices… However, this would result in a loss of performance as loading times would be much greater, and high-density device users may not have the required bandwidth to download such images. Furthermore, depending on the user's location, bandwidth can be expensive and/or unreliable. Though these are real challenges that do exist, Web Choice, the web design company in the UK to choose, has a team of highly experienced professionals who know exactly how to navigate them.
- Another issue that we effectively deal with on a day-to-day basis concerns smaller devices. Devices with small screens require additional consideration so that images display correctly. All web design companies in the UK will be keen to promise the world, but Web Choice actually delivers on our promises.
We develop solutions to ensure your website is experienced the way it was intended to be, whatever device it’s being accessed on. Our range of comprehensive website development services will guarantee your brand is represented in the best possible manner.
Why businesses are making the move to responsiveness
- E-commerce boom : Online shopping is more convenient than getting in the car and going to the supermarket, and it's even more enjoyable if you can do it whilst watching TV in your favourite chair. According to a recent study, 50% of all web searches are conducted on mobile devices (that’s either on a smartphone or a tablet). This trend means that very shortly, mobile web traffic will overtake desktop traffic. As a business owner, you could be losing trade to your competition if your site is difficult to use on a mobile device.
- Social media drives a larger mobile audience : A large proportion of mobile traffic is generated from users on smart devices, accessing social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. When your business links are correctly placed on these channels and shared, more traffic will be driven to your site, and they’ll be arriving on mobile devices. Web Choice will help you form a bespoke social marketing strategy, enabling you to leverage social content.
- Significantly reduce bounce rates : Investing in a responsive web design with responsive pages that are easily accessible, no matter the platform or screen size, is a very effective method of reducing the bounce rate of your website. Optimising loading speed is a key area that website designers look into, and one that keeps the user from getting frustrated even on lower data networks. Responsive web design is no longer ‘aspirational’, it is a necessity.
- Increase conversion rates : With responsive design, every website is designed to look beautiful, secure and easy to use, for as wide an audience as possible. At Web Choice, our expert web design team focuses on Conversion Rate Optimisation to assure that a high percentage of the traffic that lands on your web page will be converted into eager clients and customers.
Once you team up with Web Choice, your new partner for web design services in London, our team of expert website designers will help you to design and manage your web content requirements on a continual basis.
If your website is performing poorly, you are running the real risk of missing out on a large proportion of potential buyers. A responsive website design ensures you provide a fantastic experience for all users, no matter which device they use.
For truly custom website development services that deliver real results, hire responsive web designers from Web Choice today!